Monday, January 16, 2012

Shabby Chic 1st Birthday Party

I feel as though I have blinked my eyes and a year has passed, as I start to plan my daughters, Shabby Chic 1st Birthday Party. So much emotion is involved with any event, and a 1st birthday is no different.


Throughout this past year, vintage items have been passed down and collected and in turn, this has created an ongoing style for my daughter’s nursery and now birthday party.

A few elements that will define the look for this memorable bash are:

1. Vintage typewriter – This typewriter was given to me as a gift when I was a little girl and it will be the perfect addition to the guest book table. Guests will type birthday wishes on textured cream paper and it will become a perfect keepsake for the baby book.


2. Antique Teacups & saucers – My grandmother has given me a few sets of beautiful, floral teacups & saucers over the past few years and I have started to be on the lookout for them when antiquing. These eclectic dishes will set the tone for a dainty afternoon.



3. Custom party hats – My sister-in-law gave me the most adorable 1st Birthday Vintage party hat which has now created the activity for the older kids to create at the party. They will be crafting custom hats with pearls, buttons, lace & feathers.



4. The Table – Like any party, the food & beverage is one of the highlights. Using lace tablecloths, retro fabric flags, and modern dishes mixed with old vintage items will create the perfect backdrop to delicious bite size treats & candies.



5. Storybook Favors – To finish the party, classic storybooks will be handed out to the children as they go home.



Combining all of these elements together will create the Shabby Chic 1st Birthday that my daughter, won’t ever remember!!!!, but will be able to look back on through photographs for a lifetime and see the love that has surrounded from the beginning.

Kimberly Evans
Partner & Director of Special Events
RSVP Event Design, Decor & Rentals

No comments:

Post a Comment